Restructuring & Software Updates

Announcements, feedback, general discussion of proas, sailing, & multihulls, events, or just cool videos of proas, tacking outriggers or other boats, doing their thing.
Manik
Site Admin

Restructuring & Software Updates

Post by Manik » 26 Mar 2015, 10:07

Hey guys,

as some of you probably noticed, we were down for maintenance from about 09:00 to 09:50 UTC today. I apologize if this caused any inconvinience for anyone. During that hour of maintenance I did the following:

1.) Restructuring of the Forum

The most significant one for you guys is probably the restructuring of the forum categories. No posts were deleted or archived, everything is still there just as before, we just merged and renamed a few of the categories. Here's how the old categories were mapped to the new ones:

Designs and Concepts + Proa Tech = Designing
Our Boats = Sailing & Building
General + Community = General & Community
Technical Problems, Feedback, & How-To = Forum Technical (Public)

2.) Backend updates

We updated phpBB from version 3.0.12 to 3.1.3, so it looks a bit cleaner, and some things are located elsewhere from before. In addition to a bunch of security fixes, the new version will allow us to customize the forum far more easily than was the case in the past, so there may be one or the other small new feature coming over the next few weeks as well.

If you spot and problems or glitches with the forum, please don't hesitate to post them in the "Forum Technical" section, and I'll do my best to fix them.

Your Admin,
Marco
"Man's mind and spirit grow with the space in which they are allowed to operate." - Krafft A. Ehricke, rocket pioneer