Closing the Proaforum

Announcements, feedback, general discussion of proas, sailing, & multihulls, events, or just cool videos of proas, tacking outriggers or other boats, doing their thing.
Manik
Site Admin

Closing the Proaforum

Post by Manik » 04 Jun 2018, 11:01

Hey guys!

we’ve decided to shut down the Proaforum. Sven and I are both tied up with other commitments. We’re sad to let it go, but at the same time we hope that proa enthusiasts will find other places online to discuss proas, or that a member of our community will take up the reigns and create a new site.

The forum will close at the end of June and everything will be taken offline. Under the GDPR it is our legal obligation to protect our members’ privacy, and we will not transfer any private data (i.e. the forum database) to any third party.

There have been a lot of interesting conversations on the forum over the last few years, we thank everyone for all their contributions and we wish everyone who’s building and sailing their proas all the best in their current and future endeavors!

Best Regards,
Marco & Sven

P.S. — If you are thinking about setting up a successor to the Proaforum, please feel free to get in touch with us at admin@proaforum.com
"Man's mind and spirit grow with the space in which they are allowed to operate." - Krafft A. Ehricke, rocket pioneer
tdem

Re: Closing the Proaforum

Post by tdem » 09 Jun 2018, 00:21

Sad news, just wanted to say thanks for providing the platform. There have been some very interesting threads here.

There have been a number of platforms that came and went over the years. I can't even remember the predecessor to this forum if there was one, I think there was? Oh yes, proafile.com. Wikiproa was another interesting one that is actually still available but not in common usage. There hasn't been a post on the proa_file yahoo group in a while now. The woodenboat forum is possibly the most active proa community now aside from this one.
The most important thing is to keep the most important thing the most important thing.- Donald Coduto
cpcanoesailor

Post by cpcanoesailor » 30 Jun 2018, 16:26

Thankyou for providing this forum. The discussions have been interesting, helpful and pleasantly enthusiastic. I wish everyone the best with their proa research, projects and sailing, and hopefully we can continue to collaborate. I've downloaded LOL's pages for reference. Fair winds, Curtis
Rob Zabukovec

Post by Rob Zabukovec » 30 Jun 2018, 16:53

Marco and Sven

Many thanks for the forum.... it has helped me a lot in helping to form my ideas on proas....

For anyone who want to stay in touch, my email is:

rzabukovec@msn.com

Rob
Ovakus

Post by Ovakus » 30 Jun 2018, 19:25

Marco and Sven,
Thanks for running the forum. And thanks to all the many members who have helped, advised, and shared. I am currently covered in fiberglass/epoxy/okoume dust so I'm certainly not done yet but I'm getting closer and I certainly would not have been able to get this far without all of your help. Thanks. I can be reached at ovakus@gmail.com

Oskar